Cyber Security Webinar
Fortifying the defences: Creating cyber risk plans to meet the IMO 2021 deadline
Available to watch on-demand
Ship owners and managers have until 1 January 2021 to incorporate cyber risk management into their Safety Management System (SMS) or risk their vessels being detained by port state control.
Watch an engaging and informative 60-minute webinar that includes the results of the Safety at Sea and BIMCO 2020 Maritime Cyber Security survey to inform briefings and discussions among maritime experts. Best practice is shared on how the industry and individuals must fortify their defences to comply with regulatory demands in time for the 2021 deadline and limit the impact of cyber attacks to IT infrastructure and operation down time.
Attendees will come away with a clear understanding of:
- The scale and various forms of cyber threats facing maritime companies and COVID-19’s impact on the risks.
- How to effectively cyber train staff onshore and at sea.
- How to assess and address unique cyber risks in an organisation and its supply chains.
- Practical steps to achieve compliance with the cyber-focused regulatory requirements of the ISM Code by January 2021. From identifying vulnerabilities on interconnected systems on board vessels to developing a risk management framework to identify, protect, detect and respond to and recover from cyber threats.
- Cris DeWitt, Operational Technology Cyber Strategist, Cyber Mariner
- Jakob P Larsen, Head of Maritime Security, BIMCO
- Jarle Blomhoff, Group Leader Cyber Safety & Security, DNV GL
- Rachael Bardoe, Operations Director and Cyber CoE, Digital Container Shipping Association